Tuesday 12 February 2008

Linking back

Moving to FeedDemon as my feed reader has introduced an annoying side effect. The corporate browser is IE, so although I have FF installed on my machine it is not the default browser. I use ScribeFire for quick blog posts like this one and I haven't found a suitable equivalent in IE (not that I've searched very hard given that I do most of my browsing in FF). Whilst using Google Reader I was reading posts in FF too, so quick blogs were a simple matter. Now FeedDemon has taken my blog reading back into the world of IE and broken the link to quick and easy posting.

This extra copy URL-switch to FF-paste routine was certainly becoming a barrier to me making some posts. However, I found the entry below on the Channel9 forum that shows how to create a right-click menu entry for 'Open in FF'. Now I can easily bounce links from FeedDemon (and from IE) into FF from where I can use ScribeFire to post.

Barrier lowered, posting continues.

IE add-on: Open In Default Browser
In Firefox an extension exists - IE View - to open a link target in IE. I asked if a similar extension could be created for IE - Sven pointed out that it could. This IE add-on will allow you to click on a link in IE, and open its target in your default browser. Sven's version allows you to open the target in Firefox.
Has anyone a recommendation for posting direct from IE?

No comments: