Saturday 19 January 2008

Is IBM snubbing Second Life

I didn't pay much attention to the use of Second Life at Lotusphere 2007, so I don't really know what sort of reception it had. However, I thought this year might be good time to give it a go, as much to have the SL experience as to learn something about the Lotus products.

However, as far as I can see there is no SL Lotusphere 2008, which means that IBM didn't get enough from 2007 to make it worth their while this year. What's more interesting is the complete silence on the matter. I've done a little digging to see if anyone is talking about it and nothing!

What does this say about using Second Life for business? Something to avoid?

Update: Someone pointed out this post, so it appears that IBM was doing stuff in SL after all, but with no fuss. Odd!

No comments: